Monday, May 18, 2009

Holy Communion


My First Holy Communion


I had my first holy communion when I was in the third grade. It was such an auspicious time in my life. This was the first time that I received the Eucharist! It made me feel so big and special! This is such an important time in my life because this is a part of my faith and my beliefs. My first holy communion also meant a lot to my family and friends! I still remember when I was walking down the aisle holding a candle, which represents Jesus, the light of the world, I was so nervous! My hands were trembling because I was actually inviting Christ into my life! You see, receiving holy communion is one of those things that all the youngsters look forward to. When I finally received communion, I felt so grateful for life and everything that I have even today. I had two of the most important priests in my life present at my holy communion. They were the ones who had led the mass. The funny thing is that Alexander had is Baptism on the same day as my holy communion. This event made that day even more special! Both, Alexander and I, where letting God into our hearts, with both of our arms open! We had a wonderful celebration afterwards, with great food and all our family and friends. It was definitely one of those days that I will keep close to my heart for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment